Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Sports


One of the most popular sports in Algeria is Soccer. Everybody plays soccer and i do not know why they call it soccer and not football here in canada. we use only our feet in this game and they give the name of football to american football when they do not use their feets only in some part of the game, strange. i have been playing football since i was 5 years old, because in soccer you just need a ball and you can keep playing all day and it was always fun for me to play football and swimming as well. when i became 11 years old i started to play tennis and i became realy good at this game and won alot of tournaments. i won about 13 tournament cups and around 5 medals but i did not keep playing i dont know why, maybe just being lazy, and my marks went down.despite i was always the best student in my class but,,,,,,,. I think i have the ability to learn soprts quickly and be good at it, and i tried many different soprts like volleyball, basketball and handball anything that is related to a ball and i enjoy it alot. In football i got around 6 medals as well and played for a club for a while but soccer it was always fun to play it with my friends. here in calgary i dont play football that much only sometimes in the university and it is always indoor of course. the same thing about tennis, i guess there are not toomany people who play tennis here so i think i will try to learn how to play hockey.

4 comments:

We will,we will rock U!! said...

I'm confused abt it too.
Though sometimes you can use foot when playing american football, but most time u're playin' it with ur hands.

We will,we will rock U!! said...

I'm confused abt it too.
Though sometimes you can use foot when playing american football, but most time u're playin' it with ur hands.

yun said...

I don't really know why guys love sports. my boy friend always watch hockey and tell it to me even though I am not interested in that. --;;

I think the reason is ignorance about sports? ...

Oksana said...

We also called it football not soccer in Ukraine...By the way :)